Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Giant Lowes Rock - who would buy that thing?

Ah Saturday December 19th in Columbia, S.C.  The ground is sopping wet, the temperature is hovering around 38 degrees, and everyone is bustling about getting ready for my Son's 3rd Birthday Party Today.  In the spirit of doing what-I-can as the man of the house, I get the bright idea that maybe now is a good time to cover that water well in the back yard that has been exposed now for over a year.  Time to head to Lowes and get that giant, over priced rock that people surely ask themselves as they pass - "who in the world would buy that thing?"!

After talking the Lowes Associates into unscrewing this, the last remaining well cover rock, from the pallate, I threw it over a shopping cart and proceeded towards the checkout counter.  Shoppers were pointing and laughing, associates at the customer service counter were peeping over their cubicle wall, and the checkout lady snickered and asked "where's the sku number?!".....LOL







I must say, it was heavier than I thought...and unweildy as anything I've dealt with in a while.  Nevertheless, I chucked it up into the Busy Bee Lawn Care Truck and slowly drove home...
















So I finally get the thing home and ceremoniously, my wife and I take our new pet rock to the back yard to its final resting place - under which is now a home for frogs, snakes, and all sorts of gooey things.  The well Saga is Over!  What a long and expensive journey it has been!  So if you have ever wondered what kind of clown would buy that big rock at Lowes, now you know :)
 























Happy Birthday Brennan - Daddy Bought you a Rock! :)